The Huffy's

The Huffy's

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Outdoor Oasis

I am so excited about our new outdoor oasis! We live on the third floor of a nice apartment complex and have a beauuutiful balcony, but never got around to sprucing it up! It was bright yellow from all the pollen and there were bees everywhere! We got the bright idea to clean it all up and make it our little getaway! We cleaned off the porch, strung up chinese lanterns, bought a small palm tree, hanging flowers that we hung from the ceiling, a flower box to hang off the balcony and a little grill. We celebrated by having some of our friends over for a BBQ and had so much fun! We've been grilling out and sipping on strawberry lemonade in the evening while we chat at sundown! So romantic!!! I'll post pics soon of our little oasis!

We also had to get season ticks to Busch Gardens to usher in the spring season! We've ben going every Friday and wandering around the park. The grounds are gorgeous with every type of flower, and they have a quant petting zoo. But most of all we have the ROLLER COASTERS!!! YESSSSS!!! Now is the time to go because the kids are in school and you can go on the best rides over and over again! Good for me, bad for me tummy :( We make it work... All in all- BG ticks are well worth it.

Nothing else to report really! I'm counting down the weeks for my long awaited VACA, and Ken is finishing his finals. He takes the DAT this summer! Yikes! Dental school is seeming more and more real every semester. Were hoping to stay in the BIG VA, but are happy to go wherever Ken gets accepted! I do request that we live on a coast... I never realized how much I love and miss the ocean until I'm away from it!

I'll post some pics soon! Ciao! -LINZ

No comments:

Post a Comment